The Centre SÈVE is the only inter-institutional research center in Quebec to bring together plant science researchers with a non-forest vocation. Created in 2004, the Centre SÈVE relies on significant financial support from the FRQNT through the program Regroupement Stratégique. The Centre SÈVE also receives funding from partner universities, granting agencies supporting its research activities, and other partners.
The wide scientific expertise of the Centre SÈVE is presented in the section on the Centre’s multidisciplinary research activities.
The Centre SÈVE maintains numerous collaborations with partners who collaborate in scientific research, the dissemination of knowledge, the national and international influence of the Centre SÈVE, and the training of undergraduate and graduate students.
The Centre SÈVE, through inter-institutional and multidisciplinary collaboration, has high-performance infrastructures. One objective of the Centre SÈVE is to provide the members with common services.
The Centre SÈVE relies on fundamental and applied research that operates at different levels: from molecules to ecosystems; from fundamental knowledge to technology transfers, and the production of decision-making tools. The Centre SÈVE is also distinguished by the extent and the networking of its expertise as well as by its transdisciplinary initiatives.
More specifically, the Centre SÈVE has the following objectives:
- the influence and recognition of Quebec expertise in the aera of agri-environment nationally and internationally;
- the conduct of scientific research aimed at developing knowledge and tools to increase plant productivity while taking into account the various current environmental and social imperatives;
- the share of the expertise of 60 researchers from 7 universities and 3 government institutions and their infrastructures;
- the transfer of knowledge from Centre SÈVE to users of research results, to students at different levels, and even more widely to the general public, in particular during training and workshops, symposiums, congresses, scientific and technologic meeting, and public forums;
- the training of qualified and graduate personnel to meet the need of future workers in the field of plant science and agriculture, offered in an innovative multidisciplinary framework that promotes high-quality training and research experiences;
- the communication between researchers in plant sciences and those in social and environmental sciences;
- the establishment of national and international collaborations to offer new research and training opportunities to our researchers and our students
Discover the mission, vision, values of the Centre SÈVE and the expertise of its researcher members.